Tweetchat UPDATE!! This chat has been RESCHEDULED for Monday, October 24, 2016, at 4 PM ET with new hashtag #FoodMon! Please use #FoodMon during our chat on Monday! *** Join MomsRising, Coalition on Human Needs, FRAC, and National Women’s Law Center for a #FoodFri tweetchat on Friday (October 21st) at 1pm ET. We’ll be chatting about how [...]
Healthy Food for Kids!
Did you know? Almost 1 in 3 young people is at risk for nutrition-related diseases like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, according to the American Heart Association. But Moms and Dads can change this trend. We have tremendous power to keep our kids, schools and communities healthy. This year MomsRising's work on nutrition and food justice focuses on the following:
1. Getting soda out of kids meals:
2. Healthy school foods:
All hands on deck! We need your help to ensure ALL of our kids have access to healthy food. Join us:
- Good Food Force volunteers take action to build healthy schools and communities. Join us to get weekly updates on food issues, invitations to special online and on-the-ground events, and more. Membership is free and easy.
- We discuss food issues every Friday at 1pm ET during the #FoodFri Tweetchats on Twitter, and the Good Food Force Facebook Group.
- Check out ideas, tips and testimonials around junk food marketing to kids and healthy school foods on our Pinterest boards.
- Stay tuned for updates on local meet-ups and Google+ Live events, coming this spring and summer! (Join the GFF Facebook Group to get the news first).
Check out videos from our Food Power! Conference in Brooklyn, NY, including a special welcome from First Lady Michelle Obama!
Moms Blogging About Food!
DYK October 10-14 was National School Lunch Week! To celebrate and promote healthy school lunches and healthy schools, we have an amazing reading assignment for the decision makers at your schools. It's full of stories from parents and tips from experts on how to make all schools as healthy as they can be! That includes: healthy [...]
It wasn’t until I became a mom that I decided to go into teaching. For 7 years, I worked in manufacturing, but there was something about becoming a parent that compelled me to want to make a difference in children’s lives, even beyond my own family. And so I became a teaching assistant until I [...]
Tweetchat This year National School Lunch Week (NSLW) kicks off on October 10, 2016. The theme, "School Lunch: Show Your Spirit", is definitely one we can get behind! On October 7, 2016, join the @MomsRising #FoodFri tweetchat on Twitter between 1 - 2 p.m. EST to discuss the latest healthy updates to schools and how [...]