Tweetchat Food dyes are unnecessary ingredients that are added to improve the look of foods. Although most food additives are safe, there are many that have negative health effects or trigger adverse reactions, such as hyperactivity, in sensitive kids. Join #FoodFri at 1pm EST / 10am PSTon April 29, 2016 with @MomsRising and @CSPI to [...]
Healthy Food for Kids!
Did you know? Almost 1 in 3 young people is at risk for nutrition-related diseases like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, according to the American Heart Association. But Moms and Dads can change this trend. We have tremendous power to keep our kids, schools and communities healthy. This year MomsRising's work on nutrition and food justice focuses on the following:
1. Getting soda out of kids meals:
2. Healthy school foods:
All hands on deck! We need your help to ensure ALL of our kids have access to healthy food. Join us:
- Good Food Force volunteers take action to build healthy schools and communities. Join us to get weekly updates on food issues, invitations to special online and on-the-ground events, and more. Membership is free and easy.
- We discuss food issues every Friday at 1pm ET during the #FoodFri Tweetchats on Twitter, and the Good Food Force Facebook Group.
- Check out ideas, tips and testimonials around junk food marketing to kids and healthy school foods on our Pinterest boards.
- Stay tuned for updates on local meet-ups and Google+ Live events, coming this spring and summer! (Join the GFF Facebook Group to get the news first).
Check out videos from our Food Power! Conference in Brooklyn, NY, including a special welcome from First Lady Michelle Obama!
Moms Blogging About Food!
Anti-hunger advocates reacted strongly in opposition to a House Child Nutrition Reauthorization bill introduced last Wednesday, April 20. A statement from the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) said the bill would roll back years of progress, leaving countless children without access to nutritious meals. Analysis from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities said the bill could increase food insecurity [...]
Mother’s Day was founded with a simple and beautiful wish – to honor the person who has done more for us than anyone in the world. At MomsRising, we do more than honor moms. We empower them – every day, all year long. We unite moms to win protections from gun violence, win access to [...]
Salud America!, a Latino childhood obesity prevention network, is recruiting Salud Leaders to join a national movement to start and support healthy changes in communities and schools. Who is a Salud Leader? A Salud Leader is a parent, school personnel, academic, or community leader who drives healthy changes like unlocking playgrounds for use after school [...]