#RADIO this week! -- War on Toxics & Poverty - What you can do about it!
This show starts out hearing about flame retardants in your furniture and why you should be paying attention to this; then we jump into hearing about Representative Donna Edwards New Year's resolutions for action in the coming year in Congress. We follow her interview with an in depth look at the "War on Poverty." It's been 50 years since President Johnson unequivocally declared a "War on Poverty," and we're going to find out what's happened -- and what still needs to happen now since nearly a quarter of young families today are living in poverty.
*Special guests include: Dr. Arlene Blum, Green Science Policy Institute; U.S. Representative Donna Edwards; Sharon Parrot, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities; Professor Peter Edalman, Georgetown University Law Center.
*The following guests join Kristin this week on 1480 AM WeAct Radio, which also can be heard via additional broadcast stations, as well as on iTunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/moms-rising-radio/id533519537:
- Donna Edwards, Representative for Maryland’s 4th Congressional District (@repdonnaedwards)
- Arlene Blum, American mountaineer, writer, and environmental health scientist
- Sharon Parrot, Vice President for Budget Policy and Economic Opportunity (@SharonCBPP)
- Peter Edalman, Lawyer, policy maker, and law professor at Georgetown University Law Center
- @RisersCoffeeCup, The coffee cup at the right hand of @MomsRising, Tweeting the inside scoop and commenting on the shows. Moms caffeinated for justice! #Risers (@RisersCoffeeCup)
*You can also listen to this show, and all future shows, via podcast on iTunes at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/moms-rising-radio/id533519537