#FoodFri Tweetchat: Food, Faith and Childhood Obesity with Joshua DuBoisPosted January 23rd, 2014 by Migdalia Rivera
Across the nation, many are joining the healthy food movement to stem the tide of childhood obesity and unfair junk food marketing to children. Faith leaders are also stepping in as another line of defense, reaching communities on the ground and playing a pivotal role in the healthy food movement. It’s significance is not lost on Joshua DuBois, who was at the forefront of the White House faith office.
Join MomsRising’s #FoodFri Tweetchat, with Joshua DuBois, this Friday, January 24, 2014, at 1 p.m., EST /10 a.m., PST to discuss the role that faith leaders, and congregations, play to help reduce and prevent childhood obesity in communities across the country.
More about our #FoodFri Featured Panelist:
Joshua DuBois is the author of the bestselling book The President’s Devotional: The Daily Readings that Inspired President Obama. Joshua, who led the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships in Obama’s first term, now leads a consulting firm, Values Partnerships, that creates faith-based partnerships for the public, private and non-profit sector. He is also the weekly religion and values columnist for The Daily Beast. Joshua is one of our country’s leading voices on faith, politics and the public square, as well as on issues related to community development and African American men. He hails from Nashville, Tennessee, and currently lives in Washington, D.C. with his wife Michelle.
You can also follow the chat on Twubs.com/FoodFri. Twubs allows you to follow MomsRising’s registered hashtags by creating an account. Below I have noted the steps.
- Create an account using an email or your Twitter account.
- Enter the desired hashtag, #FoodFri, #WellnessWed or #EcoTipTue, in the search box found at the top of the page. Click Enter. A new page will open with the desired chat.
- Find the “Join This Twub” button found on the right-hand side bar and join the group.
- Adjust the speed of the conversation to your liking. Options are: Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower, or Slowest.
- Introduce yourself and join the conversation, by entering your comment, tips, or questions in the “Tweet to #FoodFri as [YourName] box”
- Or, respond to a specific tweet by hovering over the right-hand side of the individual’s tweet and selecting one of the icons.