This show starts out getting the inside scoop on the labor movement America, then we jump to hearing about the big conflict in Congress over unemployment insurance. Will 1.3 million people get left out in the cold? From there we move to explore the growing inequality in our nation and what you can do about it. And in closing we have an in-depth interview with a leading immigration policy expert. Will there ever be a legal path to citizenship? Tune in to find out.
*Special guests include: Carol Joyner, Director of the Labor Project for Working Families (LPWF); Christine Owens, Executive Director of the National Employment Law Project (NELP); Jill Reese, Alliance for a Just Society; Pramila Jayapal, author and leading national advocate for immigrant, civil and human rights.
*The following guests join Kristin this week on 1480 AM WeAct Radio, which also can be heard via additional broadcast stations, as well as on iTunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/moms-rising-radio/id533519537:
- Carol Joyner, Director of the Labor Project for Working Families @LaborProject
- Christine Owens, Executive Director of National Employment Law Project (NELP) @NelpNews
- Jill Reese, Associate Director at Alliance for a Just Society @ForAJustSociety
- Pramila Jayapal, Executive Director of OneAmerica, author, activist, speaker and commentator @Pramilaj
- @RisersCoffeeCup, The coffee cup at the right hand of @MomsRising, Tweeting the inside scoop and commenting on the shows. Moms caffeinated for justice! #Risers (@RisersCoffeeCup)
*You can also listen to this show, and all future shows, via podcast on iTunes at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/moms-rising-radio/id533519537