#RADIO this week! – #ManPanic
A Pew study came out showing that moms are now 40% of breadwinners, and conservative "pundits" and politicians starting a #ManPanic, saying working moms are a "catastrophe" making America "mediocre," and more. Ridiculous! On this show experts and moms tell the real story about how having moms in the labor force is both a necessity for many families and is also helping our overall economy. We discuss the irony of leaders saying that moms shouldn't work as they also cut programs for hungry kids like SNAP (food stamps), we learn about ways to get access to healthy food, including how to build your own container garden), and more!
*GUEST LIST – The following guests join Kristin this week on 1480 AM WeAct Radio, which also can be heard via additional broadcast stations, as well as on iTunes here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/moms-rising-radio/id533519537:
· Karen Showalter, Campaign Director for MomsRising (@karen_showalter)
· Avis Jones-DeWeaver, Writer, Speaker, Social Entrprenuer, & Host of NPR Focus Point (@SistahScholar)
· AnnMarie Duchon, Mom. Disability Rights Advocate. Social Justice/Civil Rights warrior. Funny lady. (@annmariepv)
· Maya Rockeymoore, President & CEO for Global Policy Solutions (@MayaRockeymoore)
· Jim McGovern, Congressman of Massachusetts’ 2nd Congressional District (@RepMcGovern)
LISTEN – You can listen to this show, and all future shows, via podcast on iTunes at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/moms-rising-radio/id533519537
LINKS & RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW THIS WEEK:
- Learn how to create your very own container garden here: http://www.momsrising.org/blog/healthy-summer-craft-container-gardening-with-kids/
- Check out AnnMarie Duchon’s blog I’m Not Worth Less here: http://www.momsrising.org/blog/i-am-not-worth-less/
- Take a look at moms and kids speaking out for fair pay, here: http://www.momsrising.org/blog/we-love-our-members-momsrising-member-clara-paynter-speaks-out-for-fair-pay-on-capitol-hill/
- You can follow Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner on Twitter–and you can also follow MomsRising on Twitter and Facebook too.