Grow Your Own Organic Garden (tips this week on #EcoTipTue)
Are you growing a garden this year? Have a few pots of herbs and veggies? Then please join us for our weekly Twitter chat called #EcoTIpTue this week.
We will have lots of tips for how to grow a productive, healthy garden. Best of all, the featured guest will be Tom Philpott, writer, farmer and food & ag correspondent at Mother Jones magazine. Tom is the cofounder of Maverick Farms, a center for sustainable food education in Valle Crucis, North Carolina.
Toxic Free North Carolina will join us as well and share many valuable resources!
When: Tuesday April 29
Time: 9 PM EST
Where: On Twitter! Use the hashtag #EcoTipTue to follow the conversation
Whether you're just getting started with gardening, or you're a master gardener, please join us! We'll be talking about:
- tips for getting started with an organic garden
- how to fight pests naturally
- how to make sure your soil and beds are safe
- how to make and use compost in the garden
- ways to get kids involved in your garden