#FoodFri Tweetchat: Nutrition Expert Shares Tips for Kids' Summer Fun & Healthy Eating
With school out and summer in full swing, how do you keep health eating a priority for kids?
Before you throw in the towel, join @MomsRising and Jill West, RD, author and registered dietitian, to talk about summer activities that foster healthy eating. We’ll also discuss healthy tips for road trips, air travel and eating out on vacation. Come share your ideas and learn a few practical tips for healthy eating, while still enjoying the indulgences of summer and family vacations.
- When: June 13, 2014
- Time: 1 p.m., EST
- Hashtag: #FoodFri
- Where: Twitter or Twubs.com/FoodFri
- Host: @MomsRising
- Panelist: @400moms
Share the news with your friends and colleagues, just click below.
To join and follow the conversation on Twitter use the #FoodFri Hashtag in each tweet.
You can also follow the chat on Twubs.com/FoodFri. Twubs allows you to follow MomsRising’s registered hashtags by creating an account. Below I have noted the steps.
- Create an account using an email or your Twitter account.
- Enter the desired hashtag, #FoodFri, #WellnessWed or #EcoTipTue, in the search box found at the top of the page. Click Enter. A new page will open with the desired chat.
- Find the “Join This Twub” button found on the right-hand side bar and join the group.
- Adjust the speed of the conversation to your liking. Options are: Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower, or Slowest.
- Introduce yourself and join the conversation, by entering your comment, tips, or questions in the “Tweet to #FoodFri as [YourName] box”
- Or, respond to a specific tweet by hovering over the right-hand side of the individual’s tweet and selecting one of the icons.
More about our #FoodFri Featured Panelist:
Jill West, RDN is the mother of 3 boys and author of the book, 400 Moms...Discover What 400 Nutrition Experts Feed Their Kids. She is an accomplished speaker, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Certified Health Coach. She has worked for several major hospitals,
including University of San Francisco Medical Center, Joslin Diabetes Center – an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, and University of California Davis Medical Center. Jill is a columnist for Bay Area Parent Magazine and a blog contributor for Famtivity.com. She currently works in private practice in Lafayette, CA.