Don’t lose your ACA health coverage!
If you received a warning notice in the mail or know you have a data inconsistency with your original marketplace health insurance application, read the below blog post from healthcare.gov and get your paperwork in to the marketplace ASAP by September 5th!
If you're having trouble submitting the paperwork on your own, call 1-800-318-2596 and let them know you have a “data matching warning notice” or find local face-to-face help in your area: https://localhelp.healthcare.
Failure to submit your paperwork by September 5th may result in a loss of your coverage by September 30th 2014.
You can see the original blog post at the healthcare.gov blog and copied with permission just below.
Still need to send documents to the Marketplace? If you get a letter this week, time is running out.
We’ve been reaching out to some of you by mail, email, and phone if some information you gave us on your Health Insurance Marketplace application doesn’t match the data we have on file. It’s important that you submit the documents we need so we can help you stay covered through the Marketplace and keep any help you get with premiums and cost-sharing.
We know you’re listening because we’re getting thousands of documents every day and are working around the clock to review these documents to confirm you are eligible for Marketplace coverage. If you’ve mailed or uploaded documents already, we’ll let you know as soon as we’ve finished reviewing them.
If you’ve been getting reminder calls, letters and emails from us, but still haven’t submitted the documents we are asking for, now is the time. Beginning this week, some of you will get a warning notice in the mail telling you that September 5, 2014 is your last deadline to submit these documents.
If you don’t respond:
· You are at risk of losing your Marketplace health insurance
· Your premium tax credits or help with cost-sharing may be changing or ending
If you don’t act now, we will send you a final notice in September telling you that your last day of Marketplace coverage will be September 30.
Here’s what you can do now to make sure you stay covered:
· Look at your Marketplace eligibility notice or reminder notice to see who needs to provide more information and to review the list of documents we need.
· Log in to your Marketplace account and then select your current application. Use the menu on the left side of your screen to click on Application Details. On the next screen, you’ll see a list of any data matching issues (called “inconsistencies” on the screen) in your application. Follow the steps for each inconsistency to upload the documents needed to fix the issue.
· Don’t use the following characters in the name of the file that you upload: / \ : * ? “ < > |.
If you received a letter from us, but think you’ve already submitted your documents, or have questions, we’re here to help. Call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 and tell them you got a data matching warning notice. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. The call is free.
You also can contact one of our partners in your community to get one-on-one help. They can help you figure out what documents you need and help you upload them onto the website. To find one of these local partners, visit Find Local Help.
If you’ve already submitted your documents and you get another email or call from us or your insurance company after that – it’s possible that we’re still matching your information. We’ll let you know once we have processed your information.
We know how important it is for you and your family to stay covered in the Marketplace, and it’s important to us too. We’ll continue working with you to make sure we have everything we need to resolve these issues.